Friday, August 9, 2013

Chemical Facility Safety and Security Working Group

The first meeting of the Chemical Facility Safety and Security Working Group was held yesterday. I don’t have any details of the results of their meeting nor have I seen a public acknowledgement of their meeting.

As I noted I my earlier blog post on this topic, the Working Group has already met their first milestone requirement though that was through no effort on their part. Some innovators in EPA and DHS had seen the handwriting on the wall and started moving forward before the executive order was actually written.


Because of the general importance of this risk management effort to many people in the country, it would be nice to see most of the work done by the Working Group being done in public. That would really seem to be in the whole point of the Executive Order.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */